- Box Stall Drinker
Heated Box Stall Water For corner installations in box stalls.
- Mineral Feeder
Your time is too valuable to spend it- "messin' with a mineral feeder"
You've experienced it all - rotating feeders that don't quite rotate, welded legs that come unwelded, rubber flaps that disintegrate with little use, frozen bearings and feeders frozen in the ground. Our Brower - tuff mineral feeder is easily moved from pasture to pasture. Our mineral feeder is easily used by animals, protects feed & mineral and protects your time. Most any animal is attracted to this feeder and readily learns to use it. No training is necessary.
NO EXPOSED SHEET METAL, STEEL LATTICEWORK OR STRAPS FOR YOUR ANIMALS TO GET CAUGHT ON. Solid bottom. Cheap imitations leave an exposed cavity (and leave a hole in your pocketbook).
Molding process engineered to permit extra material to flow into center post for extra strength. Post has a 6 inch (15.2 cm) diameter base and is further supported by three partitions. Four notched flanges for easy anchoring.
Heavy-duty 41 inch (104.1 cm) diameter flap protected by rubber disk. Before you purchase any other feeder, ask experienced users how well competitors' flaps hold up compared with Brower's flaps.
Link pin allows flap to ride up when lifted by animal; this permits "give" and extends life of flap and feeder.
High density polyethylene. Hindered amine light stabilizer, the most effective ultraviolet inhibitor.
Holds three 50 lb. (22.7 kg) salt or mineral blocks. Can accommodate larger blocks up to 12 inches (30.5 cm) square. Also holds 200 lbs. (90.0 kg) of loose supplement level-full.
WHY YOU WANT TO PURCHASE OUR MINERAL FEEDER AND NOT PURCHASE ANY MINERAL FEEDER ON A PEDESTAL OR OTHERWISE ELEVATED.
1. Cows eating with their heads in the downward "natural grazing position" produced 17% more saliva than those eating from an elevated surface. Additional salivation had a direct positive influence on the efficiency of rumen function. Overall digestion was significantly enhanced.
-From a Study by: McFarlane, I.S. 1972. Bovine behavior patterns. Livestock Breeder Journal. December, 15 (no. 12): 6.
2. Milking cows were observed for the occurrence of feed-tossing behavior. About 10% of the cows engaged in this excessive sorting and throwing of feed. As a result of feed tossing over their backs and along their sides, feed wastage for these cows ranged up to 10 percent. When given the choice of eating from an elevated (28 cm - 11 inches) bunk versus one at ground level, the cows chose the lower level and feed tossing was not observed. The authors of this study concluded that feed sorting and throwing is an engineering problem. The solution is designing equipment which permits cattle to feed "in the natural, head-down, grazing-like position."
-From a study by: Albright. J.L. and W.R. Stricklin, 1989. Recent developments in the provision for cattle welfare. In: C.J.C. Phillips (Ed.) New Techniques in Cattle Production. pp 149-161. Butterworths, London.
-the most effective ultraviolet inhibitors
-easy anchor notches
-economical to maintain
Model No. Approx. Capacity Overall Diameter Hopper Diameter Eating Height Overall Height Shipping Weight Animals Mineral/Feed LMF10 40 head 150 lbs. 41 Top 33" 11" 17.3" 60 lbs. (68.2 kg) (104.1 cm) (83.8 cm) (27.9 cm) (43.9 cm) (27.2 kg) 200 lbs. Bottom 35" (90.9 kg) (88.9 cm)
Call us at 1-800-553-1791 or you may fill out a request form to receive Pride of the Farm pricing and purchasing information.
Outdoor Hog Feeders
BEST FEED CONTROL ON THE MARKET MEANS MORE PROFITS!!
Brower produces a feeder for today's pork producer. This feeder incorporates the features most in demand for years of trouble free operation. Construction of heavy gauge galvanized steel. Hopper sections have rolled edges with overlapping seams for extra strength, durability, and protection against leakage. Sure-lock hopper covers feature one-piece spun steel for extra rigidity, and extra strength. Covers open all the way for easy filling and are totally wind, rain, and snow proof.
1. Total feed control positive feed control adjusts from the top of feeder for accurate control of feed flow. One-piece steel trough cone and feed agitators keep feed fresh and flowing smoothly.
*Note: Our feed flow ring hits the trough cone, not the trough so there is no wicking.
2. Trough lids super tough polyurethane trough lids control noise stress caused by "banging" metal trough lids. Abrasions caused by nose and mouth tissue tearing away from frozen metal are eliminated.
3. Capacities to meet your needs Brower feeders are available in three sizes. Model B40F is one ring tall and has a 40 bushel capacity. Model B60F is two rings high with a 60 bushel capacity and Model B80F adds a third ring for an 80 bushel capacity.
CAPACITY FEEDER SPECIFICATIONS
|Approx. Capacity||Feed Openings||Height w/Cover||Height w/o Cover||Hopper Diameter||Trough Diameter||Trough Depth||Feed Openings Front to Back||Feed Opening Width||Shipping Weight|
|B40F||40 bu||60||12||50 1/4"||45 3/4"||57"||55"||4"||9"||10 1/2"||236 lbs. +|
|B60F||60 bu||60||12||67"||63"||57"||55"||4"||9"||10 1/2"||272 lbs. +|
|B80F||80 bu||60||12||83"||79"||57"||55"||4"||9"||10 1/2"||308 lbs. +|
|2060D||Kit to Convert B40F to B60F or B60F to B80F|